A Shared Experience Of Art


07-14-08
I read this in Relevant magazine, July/August Issue 34, and it expresses exactly the way I feel about the strict separation between Christian culture and mainstream society. It was written by Jeffrey Overstreet...
.....I've found redemptive insights and moments of piercing brilliance in places that I'd been told were off-limits.....I have a strange compulsion to sit down between Christian culture and secular society, trying to help them understand each other-and, ultimately, God-better through a shared experience of art.
The more I apply myself to this, the more I realize that this compulsion grows from having learned that my own assumptions were wrong and my view too narrow. Now I want to understand more and apprehend beauty wherever I can find it. It's amazing to see how the power of art has led me to growth and understanding.....

0 comments: